The all new StartUp HUB
Experience the construction progress in 360°
GATEWAY49 SUPPORTS YOUR FOUNDING IDEA!
Together with you and our partners, we aim to promote innovative ideas and establish a strong start-up ecosystem in the north. That is why we, as Technology Center Lübeck (TZL), have launched the startup accelerator GATEWAY49 in cooperation with the Lübeck Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Glocal Consult. The focus of the GATEWAY49 accelerator is on the targeted support of so-called early stage startups that pursue business models in the fields of life science, food, smart city, logistics or new digital technologies. Our goal is to support outstanding entrepreneurs - like you - in putting their ideas into practice and building successful companies together!
The application deadline for the second intake ended on January 15th, 2021. You can keep up to date by registering for our newsletter below.
Together with our partners, we offer you not only an extensive infrastructure for the development of innovative products, but also a differentiated workshop and training program.
We work with innovative institutes, well-known companies and all North German clusters to give your idea quick access to potential customers.
Our startups receive up to 30,000 euro per team per year. You do not have to give up any equity, it remains remain 100% with you, the entrepreneur. We also support our teams in securing follow-up financing.
We open doors and support your idea!
We support entrepreneurs especially in the early stage of their startup. The ideal time to participate in the GATEWAY49 program is therefore, when you have an initial concept or a prototype in mind. Together with our network partners, mentors and coaches, we will bring you and your team in nine months as close to market maturity as possible and prepare you for the next round of financing. We do this with a lot of passion and experience.
Unlike many other accelerators, startups participating in the GATEWAY49 program do not have to give up any equity. This will keep you completely independent! We are at your side with financial support so that you can focus 100% on your startup. In addition, we offer an extensive and practical workshop and training program, which gives you the necessary tools and methodological knowledge to start and grow your business.
Our focus topics
In order to provide you with the best possible know-how and experience and to give you really quick access to potential customers, we focus on the key economic sectors - food, life science, smart city and logistics - where we see the greatest potential for your idea. In addition to these focus areas, we are open to many other ideas, e.g. from the areas of 3D printing, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, internet of things, big data or robotics.
Each team receives up to 30,000 euro in financial support during the 9-month program period. And the best thing: At GATEWAY49 you keep 100% of the equity. We do not take any equity so as to give you the greatest possible freedom. Participation in the program is of course free of charge for all participants.
The selected teams go through a 9-month structured workshop and training program. The majority of our mentors and coaches that support you intensively during that time are experienced founders themselves or managers of large corporations.
Your team will have access to an attractive office space with modern office infrastructure on the Campus Lübeck. You will have 24/7 access to your desk, super-fast internet and - of course - a coffee flat for long nights.
We offer access to our large pool of companies and clusters to gain first pilot customers. We work closely with industry leaders in various areas, including Dräger AG, VisiConsult, Spedition Bode, Mach AG and Stadtwerke Holding Lübeck.
5. Employee- and team development
Our program includes much more than simple financial and legal advice. We support you in all questions related to the topic of entrepreneurship and help you find new team members in our flirt camps.
The GATEWAY49 program gives teams access to great prototyping opportunities. For example, you can benefit from e. g. support in the areas of 3d printing, laser cutting, milling or circuit board production by dedicated makers and a supportive FabLab community.
- Why should I apply to GATEWAY49?
- At GATEWAY49, you can expect a structured 9-month workshop- and training program with the goal of getting your start-up as close to market maturity as possible. So, if you are thinking about starting a business or advancing your start-up, this is the right place for you. Our coaches and mentors include well-known companies who will support you in this process. Our teams receive up to € 30,000 in financial support and best of all: they don't have to give up equity.
- Who can apply?
- Anyone with an innovative idea can apply - from solo entrepreneurs to early-stage start-ups and talents. However, you should consider a few criteria: First, your idea should not be older than three years. Have you already founded a corporation? Then it should not be older than one year.
Furthermore, you shouldn’t have participated in any other accelerator program.
- We do not live in Lübeck. Can we still apply?
- With our accelerator program, we want to promote the regional economy in Lübeck and Schleswig-Holstein. Convince us why you would like to settle here with your business idea and plausibly explain your connection to Lübeck!
- We have already received funding and / or are not an early startup. Can we still apply?
- Yes. Your seed investors will probably also like it, if you participate in the GATEWAY49 program because you will receive great support from the mentoring network and individual coaching for your business idea. However, a prerequisite is that your investors have not invested more than € 100,000. Participation in other funding programs such as start-up grants and EXIST programs is possible by prior arrangement. Since the financial support to you is a so-called de-minimis aid, you may have already been granted a maximum of 170,000 euros of such de minimis aid in the current and the last two calendar years.
- I have an idea but no team - can I still apply?
- Yes, in our so-called "flirt camps" we match entrepreneurs with teams.
- I have a talent but no idea - can I still apply?
- Yes, even if you don't have an idea but you want to work for a start-up and have outstanding knowledge, such as marketing or accounting expertise, you can still apply as a talent and we will try to match you.
- What kind of support do startups receive?
- In order for you to fully focus on your start-up, participating teams will not only receive systematic coaching and mentoring by our accelerator partners, but also up to € 30,000 financial support per team, WITHOUT giving up equity, as well as access to the accelerator’s start-up HUB at the Technology Center Lübeck (Technikzentrum Lübeck, MFC-VIII). In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in a structured workshop- and training program as well as pitch sessions on various topics such as business-, product- and team development. For prototyping, our start-ups will have access to our high-tech FabLab at the site as well as to our TZL Academy that supports our teams in all questions related to 3d printing. Together with our partners, we offer start-ups access to valuable contacts to university institutes, companies, focus industries, other start-ups and potential customers as well as a comprehensive infrastructure for the development of innovative products and services.
- How does the program work?
- You can find more information on the program schedule in our timeline.
- Where does the program take place?
- The program takes place in Lübeck, Schleswig-Holstein. You do not have to live in Lübeck, but presence at the events, workshops and pitches is mandatory.
- Do I have to give up equity?
- No, unlike most other accelerators, you don't have to give up equity in your start-up. That way you remain completely independent.
- What are a flirt camp and a boot camp?
- Both the flirt camp and the boot camp are unique events to get you fit for an application to us. At our flirt camps, you can meet start-ups, find team members and get to know mentors and coaches. In our boot camps, we support you and your team in getting your idea fit for the application process at GATEWAY49. We also answer any questions you might have concerning our program and application process.
- Is participation in the flirt camp and the boot camp mandatory?
- No. However, the flirt camp is a great way to get to know mentors, coaches and possible team members. At the boot camp, the teams are coached intensively for writing their proposal. However, you can also apply directly to us with your proposal.
- How does the application process work?
- In general, the application process consists of two phases: proposal and pitch. After we have received your proposal, we will check it and make a pre-selection. The best teams will then be invited to a pitch day and on the same day, the decision will be made as to which teams will be able to take part in the program.
- How do I apply?
- Application is only possible via our application form on www.gateway49.com
1. Register on our website
2. You will receive an email with a link to the proposal form, which you must fill out and return to us by the respective application deadline.
Please note that we can only consider complete applications. Registration alone is not sufficient!
- When does the new application phase start?
- The next round of applications is on! Register now and submit your proposal until January 15th, 2021, 23:59 pm.
- I have further questions. Whom can I contact?
- Feel free to send us an email or just give us a call. 😉
Supporters and network partners
Platin Support by
Gold Support by
Silver Support by
Non-Profit / University
Partners for event locations
Become a partner of GATEWAY49!
We invite you to support innovative ideas together with us and well-known companies from the region to foster a strong start-up ecosystem in “Germany’s True North”.
As a partner, you can take part in the accelerator’s events, pitches and workshops. Moreover, you will benefit from direct access to new ideas for exciting applications in the fields of medical technology, logistics, smart city or food. As a mentor, you will support the GATEWAY49 start-ups with your specialist knowledge. Thanks to our broad network, all supporters will have the opportunity to establish valuable contacts with startups, university institutes, focus industries and other companies.
For more information about GATEWAY49 and our startups, please contact Dr. Frank Schröder-Oeynhausen or Stefan Stengel. For registration documents call +49 (0)451-3909-100 or send an email to email@example.com
The GATEWAY49 team
- Sandra Meiers - Communication & PR
- Patrick Liebmann - Space-Manager
- Stefan Stengel - Programm Manager & Co-Founder
- Rüdiger Schacht - Co-Founder
- Frank Schröder-Oeynhausen - CEO & Co-Founder
- Niclas Apitz - Startup Advisor
- Bjarne Andersen - Communication & IT
The GATEWAY49 Mentoring program
Mentoren aus unterschiedlichen Fachbereichen unterstützen euer StartUp mit ihrem Fachwissen
OpenCoffee - Every Friday at 2 pm
This Event may be in German only: Immer Freitags treffen sich hier Startups, das GATEWAY49 Team, Unterstützer und Gäste zum Austauschen, Plaudern und Netzwerken.